While I continued the weekend's balancing routine around the wood shop (cutting, painting, gluing, and pin nailing the bricks), I did switch it up by testing a glue to adhere the lace to the wood brick forms. I have tried acrylic matte medium, rubber cement and regular white glue, but they either do not work, make the lace too plastic-like, or they dry yellow.
Today I tested the Elmer's brand of tacky glue and had success! It dried so that I did not see a color change, it stuck the lace to the wood and the lace to the lace... but not without turning my fingers into a sticky mess! It looks like I finally have a gluing method that will work and provide entertainment to those around me as well!
Tomorrow I will continue with my wood shop dance and cut, glue, paint, pin nail, and constructing these bricks. I currently have 76 frames, two of which are covered in lace and my final sculpture calls for 314 bricks. Wish me luck!